Recipe: The Famous French baguette
1. Stir to dissolve the salt in the water.
2. Add the east and stir through.
3. Add flour half cup by half cup. No need to stir too long.
4. Turn onto a lightly floured surface.
5. Knead dough for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
6 Cover and set aside in a warm place for at least 1 hour, overnight is even better!
7. Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth.
8. Pre-heat the oven at 450F and bake for 35 to 45 min.
9/3/2017 01:35:12 pm
This seems so easy to prepare! I really love french baguettes! I used to go to the nearest pastry shop just to buy this. For me, the pastry shop has the most delicious french baguette in town. Unfortunately, they closed down because the owner moved to Dallas. Anyway, thank you for this recipe. I will try to prepare this at home.
10/30/2017 07:44:54 am
Whenever I visit my relatives in Cannes, my aunt would prepare us an aromatic baguette filled with the French flavor of life. Its juicy texture is something you would not forget. The deliciousness of the baguette is an explosion in the mouth, a firework-filled culture of France. Out of curiosity, I asked my aunt for her baguette recipe. However, my aunt declined my request. The recipe was a family secret. At first, I felt sad. But as I delve into this article, I knew that this was similar to my aunt's baguette recipe.
4/7/2023 11:19:01 pm
Leave a Reply.
If you would like to send in your suggestions (favourite recipes, authors, musicians, etc), email us here