Recipe: The Famous French baguette
1. Stir to dissolve the salt in the water.
2. Add the east and stir through.
3. Add flour half cup by half cup. No need to stir too long.
4. Turn onto a lightly floured surface.
5. Knead dough for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
6 Cover and set aside in a warm place for at least 1 hour, overnight is even better!
7. Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth.
8. Pre-heat the oven at 450F and bake for 35 to 45 min.
Recipe: Gâteau au Chocolat
Original Recipe curtesy of Gourmet Traveller Australia
Illustrated by Katryn Smith
If you would like to send in your suggestions (favourite recipes, authors, musicians, etc), email us here